RG5-RTU Radio Telemetry
The RG5-RTU is one of the latest in a long line of Gastronics RTUs designed for remote data acquisition and control applications. It incorporates advanced hardware and software techniques so you can implement your application in minimal time. Numerous hardware and software safeguards are incorporated into the design so you can be assured that the unit will continue to operate for many years in the most demanding field environment.
All RG5-RTUs are optically isolated and come standard with 256K of battery-backed RAM and 512K of program flash.
- The built-in operator interface (optional) uses familiar prompts and engineering units, eliminating operator guesswork and code memorization.
- The 2×16 character local backlit display can scroll through several screens of information with a single keypress.
- For greater ease of use, the 20 line by 40 character backlit display can also be used with the RG5-RTU, mounting up to 5 feet away.
- Front-mounted LED’s present digital I/O status and operating status.
- Sealed tactile keyboard enables setpoint and mode changing.
- I/O is optically isolated in groups.
- I/O is modular and can be supplied with any combination of digital I/O, analog I/O and loop, or modem.
- Digital I/O: Eight digital inputs counting 128 pps, pulse duration detection with 4 ms resolution. Four 10-amp relay outputs.
- Analog I/O: Four 0 – 5V or 4 – 20mA analog inputs, 12-bit resolution. One 4 – 20mA, 12-bit resolution analog output (optional on analog board). 24V, 160mA loop supply.
- Modem: One, RS232 port. 2-wire or 4-wire Radio/lease line connection OR 2-wire dialup telco jack.
- Battery charger.
- Two vacant expansion slots on the bottom of the RG5 accept any RG9 expansion boards.
- Module design enables easy customization with choices of a modem, serial ports, printer port, dialer, loop supply, optically isolated I/O, compact flash, etc…Please see the RG9 boards that are available for the RG5-RTU.
- Individual screw terminals using rising cage clamp designs are capable of accepting 14 AWG wire.
- Screw terminals plug into PC board headers. The RG5 can be “unwired” without removing field wires individually.
- Option of housing with or without local display.
- Housing without local display has front status LED’s.
- All housings are made of 16-gauge powder-coated steel.
- Easily mounts on a backplate.
- The RG5-RTU is programmed via our support software which is available FREE from our downloads page.
- The RG5-RTU support software has over 190 pre-programmed modules.
- RG5s can also be programmed using BASIC and ladder logic.
- Operating system is field upgradable.