RG3-RTU Radio Telemetry
The RG3 Remote Telemetry Unit is our most compact RTU. The unit operates on 12 Volts DC and draws as little as 25 milliamps in full operation making it ideal for remote solar applications where utility power is not available. Using a 5 Watt UHF or VHF Radio, the RG3 can transmit and receive data for miles without repeaters or direct line of sight.
I/O configurations include 6 Analog Inputs, 8 Digital Inputs, 4 Relay Outputs, Optional 2 Analog Outputs, and a selectable 12 or 24 VDC loop supply. A Backlit scrollable 2 x 16 character LCD display shows measured values, setpoints, totals, etc. Analog Inputs are individually selectable between 4-20mA or 0-5VDC.
A programmable keypad allows the operator to custom design easy to use functions into the RG3, which can be used to toggle displays, adjust setpoints, activate I/O, and much more.
Custom software program for any application
Programming Software is provided at no additional charge. Gastronics provides free systems programming support.
Features and Benefits
- Multiple I/O Configurations
- 6 Analog Inputs, 8 Digital Inputs
- 4 Relay Outputs, 2 Optional Analog Outputs
- Ideal for Solar Applications
- Low Power Consumption, Operates on 12 VDC
- Reliable in Worst Case Scenario – System proven in 8-mile application, torrential downpour & lightning
- Up to 254 Units of a Single Frequency
- Custom software program to meet every application
- Compatible with existing Gastronics RTU’s
- Compatible with Safer® Dispersion Modeling Software
- Frequency Range
- VHF: 136-156 MHz and 154-174 MHz
- UHF: 400-420 MHz and 450-470 MHz
- Narrowband (12.5kHz) or Wideband (25kHz) Modes (TX Deviation PC Selectable on both Narrow or Wide)
- Supports 8 Programmable Channels
- Low Standby Current (<20mA) @ 13.8VDC
- Selectable Power Settings 5W/2W VHF/UHF
- Low TX Current (<1.2A @ 5W @ 13.8VDC)
- Dual TX & RX Audio Paths
- TX/RX Bandwidth: 20MHz VHF/UHF
- Fast TX & RX Attack Times
- Closed Loop RF Power Control
- FCC Certified